PPS Students, Parents, Family Members, and District Patrons,
To date, school has been cancelled 5 times, started late twice, and was dismissed early once for weather related purposes. Along with that, there will be no school on April 30 for students in grades K-6 due to the Elementary Honor Band event being held at PPS on that day. Missing school on the aforementioned days has resulted in a lot of lost learning opportunities for PPS students.
In order to recapture some lost learning opportunities, the calendar for the remainder of the 2018-19 school year has been adjusted. The last day of school for students will now be May 21 rather than May 16. Below is a list of the calendar changes.
• April 30 – no school for K-6 students (was originally a full day of school for K-6 students)
• May 16 – full day of school for students (was originally scheduled to be a 1⁄2 day of school)
• May 17 – full day of school for students (school was not originally scheduled this day)
• May 20 – full day of school for students (school was not originally scheduled this day)
• May 21 – 1:00 pm dismissal for students (school was not originally scheduled this day)
Please contact school personnel if you have any questions about the changes being made to the school calendar for the 2018-19 school year. Your understanding and cooperation with these changes is greatly appreciated!!